Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sweet, That will cut down on the coffee bill...

I'm not really sure to to describe Mrs. Freeman to you.
For starters, I don't know her first name. She calls herself Freeman, so I call her Mrs. Freeman.
She is a little (a lot?) on the crazy side. She lives by herself somewhere behind my work. (She has a house) She doesn't like her hand writing so just about every day she comes in to have me, or my boss write a card for her. Generally they say "Dear Friend, Thank you for the jacket, have a happy christmas XXOX -Freeman" I wrote one of those yesterday...never mind that Christmas was a month ago...she works into the future. For instance, we have written "happy Highschool Graduation" and Wedding cards for her grand kids. Her oldest grandkid is currently 6 years old. Usually she will have 6-10 of the same exact card and will want us to write the same exact thing on every card. She is VERY loud and VERY hard to understand, and
really likes to hang out in our store and just talk, or watch us. Anyways, for the past three Saturday's she hid around the corner and when she hears the truck pull in, she runs out and hands me a coffee. The first week I threw it away because it looked half drunk. Last week i was already carrying a coffee. That didn't deter her, she just yelled "Coffee for you! you have two! you be WIDE awake!" awesome. It went cold before I could drink it. Today she met me at the truck again, and yelled "Hey! I have good timing"....hmmm she was hiding around the corner. I praised her on her perfect timing and she handed me a coffee. The funny thing is that she asked me "hey! where your own coffee this morning!?" she really expects me to bring my own and then drink hers. She walked me to the door of the store and then said "Okay! I'm in a hurry, see you later." Maybe she has more coffee to hand out...
The coffee tastes a little odd, but its full today and I don't have coffee so I'm going to drink it. While eating the outdated fishy crackers she gave me on Wednesday.
Ciao!Mrs. Freeman

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Mrs. Freeman is awesome. I love this story. I wish I had people handing me coffee when I get to work.

P.S. the verification word is Pighord. hehehe!