Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 in Review (The Cliff Notes of this blog)

This is going to sound like one of those funny Christmas newsletters people send out, but I promise not to tell you about any health issues or how great I think my children are doing in school...you know, all that classic newsletter stuff...

January
January was very uneventful, I don't really remember any big happenings
In January I suddenly realized that we were getting married this year and I actually had to
start planning. I believe I finally got around to ordering the dresses for the girls.
I had my bridal shower early while my mom was still in the state.
Worked some bridal shows for Mr. Formal...

We bought a washer and dryer. (so grown up of us!)

February
In February (2/27/08 to be exact) I bought my first DSLR, the Nikon D200. It's pretty rad and
has taught me tons.
I learned the hard way that its better to pay a little extra for something then to get it off a sketchy cheap internet site...

Also on the same day I started this blog mostly as a outlet for my photos, but that evolved into its own blog
Andrew's lease on his apartment ended, so he moved back home with his parents for a few months until we got married.
Andrew had a birthday. I think friends came over to my house and we played games??
I gave up "eating out" for lent.


March

March was busy with finals and getting ready for the wedding. I remember little else.
Rachel and Stephanie threw me a fun bachelorette party and Andrew and the guys played rock band and drank beer at Mitch's house.
Over spring break I got the final wedding stuff done, Andrews grandma was in town and her and Kaye helped me with the final details.

April

In April we got married. We don't regret it. Its pretty good.Then we left for a 10 day honeymoon to Banff, Canada. Great vacation! I came back to school two weeks into the term and played catch up. I also came back to work (Mr. Formal) just in time for prom season! what fun! (I joke...)
Oh P.S. guess what sucks? having to change your name on all your documents. Don't do it. its not fun.
Also, the day after I came back from my honeymoon I chopped all my hair off. I miss it. But I sent it to locks of love, so hopefully someone else is loving it now...

May
In May I shot my first wedding. Definitely a learning experience for me, photographically and for my future business...
I don't have much else to say about May. Oh, I was getting pretty unhappy with working for Mr. Formal and had gone into overdrive mode applying for new jobs. I interviewed with Olan
Mills (I think) but I didn't like their hours and evidentally they liked someone more than me, so the search went on...

June
In June I turned 21. We camped in the rain to celebrate.

School ended for the summer and work got busy with summer weddings.
Andrew and Mitch's baseball team did awesome this year (and by baseball I actually mean softball since Andrew will correct me later) I think they were 10-0 untill the championship
I got Settlers Of Catan for my birthday, we became nerds.
I think that is the sum of the excitement for June.


July
I had a few more interviews in July, things on the job front started to warm up...

I took a trip up to my old stomping ground Drift Creek Camp to visit old friends and campers.When I got back down from Drift Creek Camp that night I had three calls on my phone about jobs and scheduling interviews. One of those was from ShutterBug I ended up getting hired at Shutterbug on July 16th. Woohoo!

August
I honestly remember very little from August, I was still doing both Shutterbug and Mr. Formal off and on. I think we went to a few weddings...rather uneventful.

Oh yeah, we did trash the dress and tux. Andrew's (free) tux really did go in the trash that night. My dress is still draped over the lawn mower in the garage...its salviageable. If I feel like spending money to get it cleaned.

September
On the first keifer celebrated his 4th birthday.
We went camping as a last hurah before I started school. Final Year! (I would say senior year, but I've had more than one of those, and I don't want to confuse people ;) )



October
In October my champ of a car (bought in cash when I was 15) hit the 200,000 mile mark. Makes me proud.
I kinda hit shutdown mode in October (sorry friends) I was busy with school and work and home that I didn't really hang out with people or do anything exciting...

November
Election! woohooo! I was excited and not disapointed.
Bought a 60mm Macro. That I'd been drooling over. made me super happy and has not let me down.
Thanksgiving! my mom flew in for a few days
Again, like October, school/work kicking my butt so not alot else

December
This post is getting long and boring me so I'm going to go quick
Finals
Very busy at work
Andrew got a new job!
Mom stayed with us for 2+ weeks.
Christmas
Sunriver for two nights
went to bed at 10:30 on new years eve! we're exciting.

Happy new year.


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

...and you got a new nephew!

Danae Jones Photography said...

Crap. yeah. I meant to add that. I was doing this at work and it seemed like fun until I got to Aug and realized my life really isn't exciting so this is pretty boring.

so, Add On:

September:
Got a new nephew

The Drakes said...

love your commitment to this post. i still want to see that nephew :) maybe tonight? so, a while ago you asked for our new address: 450 hansen ave. south, salem, or 97302. sorry it took so long. we'll replay the family picture so you can be in the middle tonight. -- j