Saturday, August 16, 2008

Oh, People...


I know I have a ton to learn about cameras, and I would much rather deal with customers that know less than I do about cameras, but there have been a few people who have taken the prize for dumb questions.

Lady walks into the store, looks around, asks "excuse me, do you know anything about cameras?"
I wanted to be like "cameras? no, but let me show you the fine selection of mattresses that we offer...."

Another lady, walks into the store, looks around, asks "Do you guys sell cameras"
really? because I saw you look around. we pretty much JUST have cameras.
what do you think she would have said if I had said "nope! sorry" ?

oh, an old lady came into the store complaining that her son had sent her a camera, but it was broken. Turns out she didn't know that she needed a battery or a camera card. Her son hadn't provided, or told her about those essentials. I blame her son for that one though.

helping another guy who has been in about 15 times looking at a D-SLR. He is asking a lot of fairly intelligent questions and looking at the camera he wants again. after a while he points at the lens and says
"do i have to have this part?"
"what part?"
"this part" (pointing at the lens) "or can I just take pictures with the body to make it smaller and lighter?"
"yeah, you need the lens. but can I interest you in a point and shoot?"
Really, this guy had researched DSLRs, he knew what he wanted and had been in here a ton, other wise I may have let that one slide....

2 comments:

Katie said...

mattresses...hee! you make me laugh.

The Drakes said...

customer service is whack! (was it ever actually cool to say that word?)i love the hero pictures! katie's cute baby :) -- j