Saturday, August 30, 2008

Kiefer Selivan....who?? (And the rant goes on...)

Once again I'm getting ready for work and Kiefer is outside and starts barking. So I walk out to grab him and these two old ladies are walking past with dogs....one of the old ladies see Kiefer, and squeals: "Oooh look! a Wiener Dog!" literally drops her dogs leash and runs up the bank to our house. Kiefer goes nuts at this crazy woman running at him, so I pick him up as she launches into her story of how she had a "Wiener Dog" for 17 years. Shes seriously trying to have a conversation while Kiefer is going nuts. Oh, and then, she sticks her arm through the fence to pat him. I know kiefer wouldn't do anything to her, but really lady, hes protecting his property- you don't just stick your arm through a fence to pat a barking dog. So I very calmly explain to her that i'm trying to get him not to bark and when people walk up to our fence he freaks out.... she says "well, yes of course, he's protecting his property!" and doesn't leave, she asks his name...and I answer "Kiefer" as I walk back to the house. She squeals again and says "oh! Just like Kiefer Selivan!!! - Ohh Kiefer, do you think you are just like Kiefer Selivan!?" Who?

No comments: