Monday, June 2, 2008

Pretty Average.


So Mitch and Katie's awesome new pedometer phones have made me curious how much walking I do each day. So when I got to work this morning I bought a pedometer and decided to figure it out. At work today I walked 4244 steps (1.69 miles)
The average American walks 3,000 - 5,000 steps each day so I'm pretty dang average.
That was at work though so I'm going to wear it all day tomorrow and see what I get then.
I am reading this article right now on how if you can walk 10,000 steps each day that is roughly equivalent to the goal of 30 minutes of daily physical activity recommended by the U.S. surgeon general. Here is the article if anyone is interested. I don't know how seriously I'll take it but it sounds like a good goal.

1 comment:

The Drakes said...

That is awesome you are seeing how far you walk in a day. I bought a ton of pedometers for the guys on my ward and we are tracking their milage per week. One guy walked 62 miles in one week! (he's crazy) :)
Love, KD$