
So, this has been a pet peeve since Andrew and I got engaged...but it seems like its been happening more and more the closer we get to the wedding...
It seems like all the people with marriage issues, or going through divorces, or have been divorced seem to come out of the woodwork and try to warn you off getting married.
Its seriously starting to bug me...We are getting married in 3 weeks and there are a few people who take every chance they get to make snide comments about how marriage is going to suck the life out of me. I'm not naive I'm not expecting it to be a walk in the park...but I also feel like Andrew and I are in a good place. Mainly this is coming from people who don't know us, and don't know our relationship...but how unfair to judge all marriages based on your failed one. I don't even need people to be excited for us, just keep the "advice" to themselves.
My boss is on her 3rd horrible marriage....evidently all men are cheaters and suck.
Evidently Andrew is going to be a cheater too......awesome.
Do people really expect me to look at them with wide eyes and call off the wedding on the spot?

6 comments:
they are stupid. where the HELL is that sign from? i want to hunt those people down. marriage takes work and you're a hard worker. you'll be good. plus, i don't think andrew will ever find another gal who actually requests that he have a beard on their wedding day. so, he's not going anywhere. -- j
*k - no, you may not make a dirty comment about that.
I agree with Jess - people are dumb.
I think everyone should be married! (I like it, anyways...)
it's so obvious that you guys are made for each other! I mean, you like the middle pieces from the brownie pan, and he prefers the edge pieces. talk about a perfect match!
(...mmm, brownies...)
you are in luck wife. I cannot at this time, think of anything sexual that isnt overly inappropriate to make a joke about andrews beard for their wedding day. Danae, I think you should just call it off. remember, its not premarital sex if you never get married! besos y besos!
Katie is dead on.
Andrew and I are perfect because he eats the brownie edges, just so I can get to the middle! and he doesn't even like sweets.
Plus, while I'm being mushy...I went by *my* coffee stand today to buy a much needed mocha...and when I went to pay, the owner said "oh didn't you know? Andrew came by on Sunday and gave me $15 to prepay for your coffees...."
My day got stellar at that point.
AAAWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwww! that was so nice! (the coffee story, not the part where K encouraged you to ditch the wedding.)
I totally know what you mean. When Lauren and I were getting ready to get married everyone told us it would be so hard and that it definitely was not going to be fun for the first few years. Here's the thing though...
THEY ARE ALL FULL OF SHIT.
Like you said, it's not easy but it's the best thing I've ever done. If your willing to grow and listen then you'll never do anything better.
I personally think that the key to a good marriage is marrying a good woman, (or man) and I think you did a hell of a job picking one so don't worry about it.
Next time someone tells you that you shouldn't get married you can tell them this.
Man, I can see why your marriage didn't work out, your a negative nancy. Maybe if you didn't suck so much your life would be better.
Thats what I say and it seems to work.
Sorry about that rant. It really irritated me too.
Casey
Post a Comment