skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Bama! Bama!
I woke up yesterday at 8am in south eastern Oregon. Left there at 3pm and drove to PDX. We flew out PDX at midnight. Arived in Houston at 6:30am (houston time) and then took a puddle jumper from Houston to Pensacola, Fl ariving at 8:30am. The only time I've slept so far is on the 1hr houston-pensacola flight. Got our rental car in Pensacola (a shiney blue PT Cruiser) and drive to some town in Alabama where I now sit. I forget the name- thats how lost I am right now. My mom is in a wedding and had a brunch to go to so I dropped her off and decided to call our hotel (in some other town) to see if there was any way I could check in as I'd been in my current clothes for 24 hours, no shower, no tooth brushing and its super muggy here- basically...I stink! They told me I could check in early---at 2pm. Great its 11am. I drove to the beach and changed clothes in a scary bathroom stall without a real door. Then I found the 'town' and tried to find something to eat. Evidentally the whole place shuts down on Sunday. I drove every street and finally found an Oyster Bar that said it was open, but after waiting at the front desk for 10 minutes, and seeing no one, I left. I now sit eating an old sandwhich in a super market deli- which to my delight has internet!!
A couple just walked up to me and said "hey, we are visiting, we can't find anyone serving alcohol, do they not serve alcohol on sunday?" I replied that I was visiting myself and didn't even know the name of the town I'm in, but I sure hope I can find a beer! and soon! What a strange state, every single business sign is hand painted! the speed limit is 45mph everywhere, and people drive 35. So here I sit...waiting for 2pm so I can wash all the travel stank off me. I find everything hysterically funny...Its like another country. But that could also be due to the fact I havn't slept in 24 hours...
At the deli, where we would normally see Jo Joes, Mac and Cheese and Mashed potatos at home...They have Lima Beans, Biscuts, Grits and piles of who knows what else in huge skillets. =) stay tuned for more of my adventures of the lost girl...
1 comment:
Lima beans and biscuits in the deli case?! Haha! The South really IS like another country. At the very least, a whole other culture.
Thanks for posting the reunion pictures online...they were gorgeous, as usual!
Hope you and Mom have fun adventures today. Keep the stories coming!
Post a Comment