Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ain't no English major...

Liz, cover your eyes.

So as I write papers and the night goes on, my Word spell and grammar checker gets more and more useful. I have been working on this one frustrating paper since last night and was kept typing "We need to bring these companies into appliancey" the word completely made sense in my head in that moment. Spell checker only
suggested that maybe I was trying to write "appliances" I was not. Finally I figured out I was looking for "compliancy" (Which now according to Bloggers spell checker is not a word either? - Word let it slide... I give up.) I'm ready to be done and no longer have to blog about such interesting moments in my life. Welp, I'm off to bring more companies into appliancey with my policy proposal... see ya.


2 comments:

Matt said...

Compliancy IS a word (and Blogger's spell check is crap) but it means "disposition or tendency to yield to the will of others." The word you want is compliance which means "the act of complying with a demand or request." You want to bring the companies into the actual act of compliance, not just the tendency toward it.

But I'm sure these compliant companies will comply with your request simply because you make such an excellent case for the value of compliance as well as compliancy. Okay, I should stop before I end up sounding like a complete grammar freak. Oh, wait... ;)

Deb said...

Leave it to Liz to figure it out for you eh?

I've gotten tagged in a dumb blog game and so now I'm tagging you. See my blog for details. http://www.spindaisy.com/blog/