Monday, September 15, 2008

Can't Be All There Is....

I was sitting here thinking about how much I'm dreading school which starts in like two weeks or something, and stewing over how unfair it is that I am going into my 5th year of something I can't stand. But then I realized that at the same time, I'm thankful for one more year because I go to work, come home, eat, sleep and then it starts all over again the next day. Is that really all there is? seriously? And going to school for one more year means that I have a whole year before I have to accept that that is all there is. Or, one more year to achieve greatness and prove that isn't all my life is going to be. Does that make any sense? Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy with my life at all, just not ready to accept that I'm probably not going to achieve everything I've ever dreamed of...But, I have 9 months to sure try! ...or something...

2 comments:

Feintheart said...

Suddenly finding that you're too far behind on your personal life itinerary is the new 20-something midlife crisis. I've got that bug as well. I don't know what your dreams are, but I know what generic advice I'd give myself, though I've not been very diligent or adept at following it myself. I'd say construct an actual, physical inventory. A bucket list, I guess. Then pick the easiest one, set a date for it, and work around its time block as if it is a regular, formal obligation. That's one strategy. There are probably much better ones, but it might be worth a try. Another booster part for the above route might be accountability. Though it might or might not be better if bullet points of said list are kept "secret." But certainly, if you feel your dreams are too audacious to share with the general populace (which are the best kind if they can be pulled off!), you can always bounce them off your built-in confidant and encourager in Andrew! (and in Keifer too, but he's got that Eeyore-stare that says, "not so fast" to any idea, regardless of its merit).

Oh, and "9 months" is that... duration of a school year? Or are you subtly hinting at "...or something..." else?

Danae Jones Photography said...

school year! good lord richard! =)