On several occasions through out the discussing of going snow boarding Andrew suggested us getting lessons, but I thought I was much to cool to be taught how to do something. I believe I said something along the lines of "it can't be that hard, plus I learn by doing." so after convincing Andrew that there was no way either of us needed lessons, we were ready to go.
So yesterday we woke up bright and early (i.e. 8am ha) and drove up to Norquay in Banff to show off the skills we thought we had. We got all our gear together and decided to make a quick run down the bunny hill before we hit the
real slopes.
so at the flat top of the bunny hill we strapped on our boards and tried to get to the edge of the hill to go down. Didn't work so well, Andrew finally managed something that looked like doing the inch worm with a snowboard on and we got to the edge. Time to snowboard down like pros... Ha ha ha.... The bunny hill attendant was already laughing hysterically at us. Turns out you can't just hop up and snow board straight down. Well, maybe you can, but we couldn't. So...off to the lodge to get lessons. We spent 2 hours with a instructor from the Czech Republic who quickly showed us we knew nothing. nothing at all. after that we still were not pro snow boarders, but we headed up the hill to try something bigger.
by the end Andrew was doing very well, but my surfing habits were proving not to die fast and I spent most my time on my butt.
This morning I'm so very very very dead. Nothing will bend on my body. enjoy some photos of Andrew.

1 comment:
That looks awesome! Andrew looks like a seasoned vet. Cant wait to see you guys again, ttyl. love, KD$
Post a Comment