Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pythons, Alligators and Sharks, Oh My!

Gosh Darn snow flake had to fall right then. And Gosh darn the lady that didn't notice when she took the photo.
Today was the most un-lazy day so far...
Okay so by un-lazy I mean we got out of bed before 1pm.
Then by two we were ready to leave the room! go us!
We drove up to Lake Louise and we were surprised to find the whole huge lake frozen over! We've seen lots of photos of Lake Louise and it isn't frozen in any of them, I guess we just figured that since it's so large it wouldn't completely freeze over. It was fun- the first frozen lake Andrew's let me walk on. Seriously, it's like having an over protective parent with you constantly!

Anyways, but there were some areas that the snow had been scraped off down to the ice and you could ice skate on it! I was stoked, I love ice skating and have never skated on a lake before!After ice skating, (I'm pretty much a pro...look at that...) We drove back to Banff and ate at The Banff Grizzly House Mmmm! We had the exotic meal...with Venison, Python, Alligator, Buffalo, Shark, Frog Legs and Ostrich we cooked it on a hot rock (it was about 650 degrees-it was hot.) Then out came the Toblerone Chocolate fondue with fruit. Pretty Dang good.
Oh, we also bought our lift tickets so we can go snow boarding tomorrow. Yay!
So that was our "productive" day we were back in the room by 8:30. yeah we were gone for a grand total of about 6 hours :) I'm beat and ready to go back to sleep :)(mmm Frog Legs)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The pictures are great! I like the one of Andrew and his snowman. Great photography...and I'm glad you have a nice camera for your trip!
The ice skating on a frozen lake looks like fun!! I thought you meant you just slid around on the ice, but you actually skated...cool. You ARE a pro. :)
Your blogging cracks me up. Thanks for the smiles.